Monday, July 16, 2012

The Wishing Spell : Book Review


The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
       
                                              Click for the Summary!

Title : The Wishing Spell
Series :  The Land of Stories #1
Author : Chris Colfer
Pages : 448
Release Date : July 17th 2012
Publisher : Little, Brown for YR / HBG Canada
Format : ARC
Source :  
*Thanks to HBG Canada for the review copy in exchange of an honest review*





My Opinion :


I have been a huge Gleek (or Glee fan) since the beginning, and I would be lying if I said that Kurt Hummel (played by Chris Colfer, the author of THE WISHING SPELL, his wonderful debut novel) wasn't my favorte character. I love him as an actor, and I was really happy to find out that I like him as an author too!

I'm not one for Middle Grade novels. I do really enjoy Rick Riordan's novels, but otherwise, I don't read Middle Grade. But, as you can see, I dug into The Wishing Spell pretty quickly and enjoyed it a lot!

The Wishing Spell follows twins Alex and Conner Bailey's story as they discover The Land of Stories' magical world where fairy tale characters actually exist. But, they have to find a way back home, and so they start on a quest to get the seven items needed for the Wishing Spell, a spell that can give you any wish you want. But, the Evil Queen, Snow White's stepmother, wants the Wishing Spell too. And the problem is; the Wishing Spell can only be used two times... and there is only one left. 

Near the end, I was sweating, turning the pages as fast as I could so that I could see how it ended.


After a while, though, the quest to finding all the objects got kind of long, but then the best part of the book came by ;D


Although I do like series, I'm seriously wondering where Colfer will takes us next.

Seriously adorable!

If you get the book, look closely at the cover; it's just so beautiful, and represents the book perfectly!

One thing I hated was how the author portrayed the twins; they are 12. I'm 13, so let's say we're the same. And I am not at all like that. They seemed like they were 9 or 10 or something!


RATING


4 roses!

Author Bio : 


Chris ColferChris Colfer is an American actor and singer, known for his portrayal of Kurt Hummel on the television series Glee. "The Wishing Spell" is his first novel for children.

1 comment:

  1. Oh nice this sounds super good for an MG novel! I love the premise and how exciting you make it sound! I hadn't read any reviews on this one either I just noticed it when I did my new release post. Great review!

    ReplyDelete