Friday, June 15, 2012

Shaman Healer Heretic : Book Review


Shaman, Healer, Heretic
                       
Click for the Summary!

Title : Shaman Healer Heretic
Series :  Olivia Lawson, Techno Shaman #1
Author : M. Terry Green
Pages : 328
Release Date : Jan 19th 2011
Publisher : Self-pub
Format : Paperback
Source :  
**A review copy was provided by the author in exchange oh an honest review**






My Opinion :


I had actually never heard of Shaman Healer Heretic when the author contacted, and I was quite happy to pick the book up, since the summary was really intriguing and different sounding from any book I had read. Even though I didn't really like the cover, the summary was just too awesome, and so I accepted the offer :D

I dug into the book not long after receiving it, since it just seemed good. It totally surprised me; in a pretty good way!

Shaman Healer Heretic is about shamans.... well, techno-shamans. And, you don't see that a lot in books, certainly not in YA. So, this was a refreshing and cool idea :D

Shaman Healer Heretic is about Livvy, or Olivia, a techno-shaman (a techno shaman is like a shaman, except he/she uses technology things instead of drugs to get their work done...), and a bit about SK, a friend of hers. And, there'S a lot going into the 'shaman' world; there's an evil spirit, the Tiamat, that has awakened and is trying to conquer the real world. And Livvy has to try and find a way to defeat him. But, then there are many betrayals.

The writing is really detailed in this book; you can tell a lot from those details, which I sometimes love/like, but now, it just felt like there was too much, and I just skipped some details :S

here was something missing for me with this book; romance. There (almost) wasn't any. And, you know how I love me some romance ;D

Livvy was a great and strong character, and I really liked her a lot. I would have liked for her to have a boyfriend... :S I like romance.

SK was awesome. I seriously loved him! He was just so... cool and great and fun to read about. I would love some SK Point of View scenes ;D

And Joel... that... ugh. I can't say anything more, for spoilers, but let's just say he'S not my favorite charatacter.

This book was pretty good! You should consider buying it!


RATING

.5
3.5 roses

Other book(s) in the series (if in a series):




Author Bio : 


M. Terry Green is a full-time writer and budding minimalist. Her debut novel, Shaman, Healer, Heretic, is a 2011 Semi-Finalist in Amazon’s Breakthrough Novel Award contest. Terry has a Ph.D. in archaeology and a B.S. in physics. Her nonfiction, under a different name to dispel confusion, has been published by Simon & Schuster and Penguin and her articles have appeared in the NY Times and Cosmopolitan, among others. She and her husband live in Los Angeles with several computers where, apart from occasional beeps, they live happy and quiet lives. Visit her online at mterrygreen.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment