Wednesday, May 02, 2012

The Summer of No Regrets : Book Review


The Summer of No Regrets 
                                        

Title : The Summer of No Regrets
Series :  -
Author : Katherine Grace Bond
Pages : 290
Release Date : May 1st 2012
Publisher : Sourcebooks Fire / Raincoast Books
Format : ARC
Source :  
**An ARC was provided by Raincoast Books in exchange of an honest review**





My Opinion :


I really wanted to love this book, but it just wasn't for me.


The Summer of No Regrets is a debut novel, so yeah about that!, but I didn't really enjoyed reading it.

I got my copy the day BEFORE it got out, and so I decided to read it then, so I could have my review up as quickly as possible. I read the book in aobut two hours, and even if I read it quickly, it wasn't fast-paced enough for me.

The Summer of  No Regrets is about Brigitta and Luke... they meet, and Luke looks like this teen sensation called Trent Yves... but is he him? Then, they take care of kittens together, and they fall in love. But, what if she had fallen in love with a lie?  A big lie?

The writing is okay; a bit too much slow-paced with some parts with no action in them, which sometimes makes the book boring.

This book had some blog posts in it. Those were 'written by Brigitta', and they were mostly about how Trent Yves is stupid and yady yada; I didn't really want to read all of them. Some did make the story good... but other posts were just pointless and I just skipped those. And, also, there are some comments on the posts.... and I don't think we needed them... *sigh*

I actually thought that Luke wasn't that good of a guy... and you'll understand if you ever read the book... which I don't really recommend you do, unless you get it from the library. The only thing that should make you want to read the book is of its awesome cover. Point.

Brigitta was a pretty good character, although I didn't really like her that much... I guess I just didn't relate to her at all *shrugs*

One thing that kind of made me uncomfortable is the bits of religion mentions; Brigitta's father had parents that thought of the Christian religion VERY highly, which made her father despise it (and also a bit dislike his parents), and now he's a shaman... which is kind of weird... And, the awkward thing is that Brigitta had a tight relationship with her father's mother...

Anyways, an okay book.


RATING


3 roses


Book Trailer :  



Author Bio : 


Katherine Grace BondKatherine Grace Bond is the author of THE SUMMER OF NO REGRETS (Sourcebooks, 2012) and of the bestselling children book LEGEND OF THE VALENTINE (Zondervan, 2002), a story of the civil rights movement. She often finds herself in the woods escaping from giant cats and shadowy figures in cloaks. The creator of TEENWrite acting/writing workshops, where participants come as their characters, she lives with her husband in a dimension populated by younger people, some of whom resemble her.

No comments:

Post a Comment