Monday, January 09, 2012

Delirium : Book Review

                                      Delirium (Delirium, #1)
                          Click for the Summary

                               Title : Delirium
Series : Delirium #1
Pages : 441
Author : Lauren Oliver
Publisher : HarperTeen
Format : Hardcover
Source : Owned - Gifted

My Opinion : Delirium was my favorite book of 2012. At first I didn’t own it; but I love the book so much! I had gotten it at the library because of how awesome sounding the plot was. I added the book to my Christmas Wish List because I simply loved the book and I want to, in the future, own the whole series. And now I have reread it and, since I hadn't done a review on it the first time I read it, well I am doing one now!

Delirium is Lauren Oliver’s second novel, her first being Before I Fall. Her first novel is in my to-read list since the plot sounds as great as Delirium’s. So I will definitively buy Before I Fall in 2012!
The plot evolves around Lena; it is in her point of view. It is a dystopian book; set in a post-apocalyptic time. And love is a disease; they call in Amor Deliria Nervosa. Everyone below eighteen is infected by the disease and will go through a surgery at age eighteen. The reason they can’t have it before eighteen is that most people who got it before the right time, they were either blind, or not-right-at-all. Then Lena, or Magdalena, falls in love with Invalid Alex. Invalids are people from the Wilds, were love isn’t a disease and they are the rebellion… kind-of. But Alex doesn’t live in the Wilds anymore; he’s a kind-of-spy. And when they try to escape…

I love each and every character; I don’t like their personalities, but I like how they were described and detailed by the author, the way the dialogue was always perfect between characters. I really loved Hana and I am so happy that we’ll get a book about her story.

The writing is so beautiful; you can just tell how much Lauren Oliver, the author, is a talented writer. I love Delirium and I feel like I can almost relate to the book, since it is so well written and that I feel kind of like Lena.

I am so happy that Pandemonium is going to be out soon… I am so exoted and thrilled andwill be ordering as soon as I can!

+

5 roses and more, since it's awesome!



2 comments:

  1. I agree! So many people hate this book but I don't get it. It's wonderfully written and I can't wait to read Pandemonium! If you don't like the premise- then don't read dystopian stories as they will all annoy you. I, on the other hand, am a dystopian addict.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really wanting to read this series I've been hearing so much about it. What a great review. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete