Sunday, July 03, 2011

North Of Beautiful : Book Review

Summary : It's hard not to notice Terra Cooper.

She's tall, blond, and has an enviable body. But with one turn of her cheek, all people notice is her unmistakably "flawed" face. Terra secretly plans to leave her stifling small town in the Northwest and escape to an East Coast college, but gets pushed off-course by her controlling father. When an unexpected collision puts Terra directly in Jacob's path, the handsome but quirky Goth boy immediately challenges her assumptions about herself and her life, and she is forced in yet another direction. With her carefully laid plans disrupted, will Terra be able to find her true path?

Written in lively, artful prose, award-winning author Justina Chen Headley has woven together a powerful novel about a fractured family, falling in love, travel, and the meaning of true beauty.


-GOODREADS

My Opinion : This great book wasn't what I expected. I normally love young adult paranormal romance books. But this was more of a reality romance. Of course, I was impressed by how it got me into the story after fifty pages. I liked the book.

Charaters : My favorite character of all would be Lois, Terra's mother. I was struck by how she put up with her husband. I loved how she got out of her shield in China.

Jacob, or Goth Guy according to Terra's friend, was exceptional. I was so happy when he and Terra finally kissed! I loved him so much!

Terra was quite... cool. The fact that she had an amazing body, but that her wine stain was on her face, was quite  awesome.

I quite liked Emily even though she wasn't a big part of the novel. I hated to know that Merc and her weren't going out any more.

Claudius was good; I liked him.

The other characters were all okay except for at Terra's father. I disliked this stupid guy from the very beginning!

4/5 stars





No comments:

Post a Comment